Take notice, world, New Zealand is undergoing a re-charge.
The 'No. 8 wire' thinking we have been so proud of is being expanded and improved.
No. 8 Re-charged tells a compelling and accessible story of modern New Zealand and its world-beating products and ideas. From drone technology to electric farm bikes and computer graphics, from space-age umbrellas to fitness trackers and the world’s leading DJ software — New Zealand developers, entrepreneurs and companies are winning in areas where no one thought we could even compete.
1. Up in the Air - Planes, Drones and Rockets
2. The Human Body - From Hospital Beds to Cancer Breakthroughs
3. Social Innovation - Change, for Good
4. It’s all Fun and Games - It's about Serious Fun
5. Of Water and the Sea - Boats, Anchors and Surfboards
6. Machines, Large and Small - Large, loud and Globally Successful
7. Film and Pictures - Screen Stars, Large and Small
8. The Land of the Clouds - Aoraki and Aotearoa
9. Down on the Farm - Robots, Designer Cows and Turtle Tracking
10. Global Fingerprints - From New Zealand to the World
A follow-up title to the hugely successful No. 8 Re-wired, this book will take you on a journey of commercialisation, research and inventions with 202 New Zealand innovators